Monday, March 9, 2009

2-19-09 Thursday, Porkys

Tonite was Porkys. I love this place. We were packed with regulars and the company YAHOO had a party here too. Great crowd, a little rough to figure out musically, but the dancefloor was packed all night.
I like it here not only because the club pumps, but the 3 managers there Peter, Matty and Chris, who are all like 25 years old, are not only very cool and treat me great, but they really know how to run the place, AND the bouncer/doorguy Duane is also around 25, totally professional, always has some kind words for me and my music, and always gives me a big greeting when I get there. Add all that up and thats why I love working at Porkys.
Tonite only one small thing happened. The barback, who is a cool dude, I guess was rappin to some girls. There was a basketball game on, and not only was it playing in the club, but it was on my monitor panel in the booth. Im guessing the barback wanted to be cool, so he let these girls into my booth to see who was playing in the basketball game. I turn around, theres 2 girls looking at the monitor and when they explain why they're there, one is spitting when she talks, then the other is explaining why that one is spitting on me....obviously both are drunk....so I simply asked if we were done, and got them out, but i was trying to not make the barback look like an idiot, I mean, I dont care about these chicks, but i didnt want to embarass him.

No comments:

Post a Comment