Monday, March 9, 2009

2-4-09 Saks 5th

Tonite I was supposed to play at Porkys, which is a great party and a cool place to work....but my friend Barry Scott - who is my nyc event connection - had already called me on tuesday and told me that I had to play an Event at Saks 5th Avenue....I do all their special events, so Porkys had one of their other DJ's fill in for me and I did the Saks party.
As it turns out, Saks was opening a new department on the 5th floor and they had Elite Modeling Agency there to help them out. I didn't know, but some of these models are "DJ's" and wanted to play at the party, so they designed a "Step-and-Repeat" to go behind the dj console (so the girls could be photographed). I was instructed to stand where ever I wanted (I chose all the way over to the right, stay out of their way - they're annoying) and I was to keep playing, and let the girls look like they were playing so the photographers could shoot them.
Well it didn't really go that way. About 8 of the girls brought their ipods, and wanted to plug in and play music off of their playlists, so to keep from arguing with Elite Modeling Agency, I just plugged in their ipods, and stepped aside and had some club soda with my boy Barry. When the smoke cleared, I had played only about 30 minutes, and the best thing that happened is that I was able to get home to my wife Paula (who wasn't feeling too well) alot earlier then if I played at Porkys, but I will say that these girls, more like goons who were all around 6 feet tall and with heels, yeah 4 inch heels??? they were like giant lanky makeup people, who go nuts infront of a camera. And the guests at this event were going out of their minds to get pictures of them, and talk to them and whatever else, but man they were loving it. The "models" figured out that they would look better onthe other side of the dj console so then they were standing in front of it so they would look better in the pictures! I guess that's their job.

No comments:

Post a Comment