Tuesday, March 24, 2009

3-20-09 Fri, Overlook

Tonite was crazy like "full-moon" crazy. We weren't extremely packed as usual when i first got there, but for some reason the people that were there, including the staff, including the owners, including me...were in a very hyper mood, kinda like wanting to break stuff. I dont know why, maybe it was a full moon but we were all CRAZY!
Tonite I saw something tonight that I thought wasn't possible, I can't even figure out how it was even thought of. Here's the scene. One of the owners, Mark....good guy, funny guy, seems tough like you wouldn't want to mess with him, likes older 90's music, Freestyle, stuff like that, thrown in during the night. He's at the front door with BIG JEFF the bouncer, who is literally the size of a doorway, or bigger. I played "Gonna make you sweat" BY C&C MUSIC FACTORY. All of a sudden Mark starts to "Up Rock" at the front door. He does this all the way passing the bar, up a step to the back area where I am, and then he Up Rocks to a BOWLING Move! like he was bowling! That was very funny and I really couldnt imagine it was possible.
Later on it got very crowded with our normal nite party, and a girl, who was very nice but speaking to her she seemed kinda nuts, asked me to play a song by Salt-N-Pepa from the 90's. She explained that her and her friends had a whole dance set-up back when this song was out and they were in high school because they wanted to perfom on "Lip Service" The dance included a move where one of the girls slide through this girls legs and I guess that was the big move of the dance....
So I play the song for her and now shes doing the dance that was made for the show (which is funny in itself) but when that part came up where the girl was supposed to slide through her legs, she yells out "Hey dj, this is that part you know with the girl...?" I'm pretty sure she was nuts.
They serve food here at Overlook, so they give us dinner around 10-10:30. I get a well-done burger and some fries. This nite Ben - the head chef, a cool young dude - made me a perfect burger, but only gave me like 5 fries. I was starving cuz i usually have a salad for lunch at 12:30, so by 10ish IM STARVING! Anyway, I ask Ben where the rest of the fries are and he told me that that was all I was getting because he didnt want to make anymore and all the workers wanted fries...they cut their own fries there...I said something like nice freakin job chef (we totally get along and joke around) he says "you want some more fries? HERE!" and throws the whole bowl of them at me! Well, near me, I guess it was just for effect, which worked because the whole kitchen, including me were laughing our asses off. (Was it a full moon??) A little while later he came out to see if "my burger was ok", I assumed he wanted to make sure I wasnt pissed, which I wasnt not even at all...then about 10 mins later he sent out a full order of fries for me, which I ate about half....he felt bad, good guy.
At the end of the night, Mark and Big Jeff wanted some real old school stuff like "Planet Rock" and "Play at Your Own Risk" they were going crazy. It seems like everyone had a good time.
The Bartenders, Kacspar and Giorgio...2 young, extremely cool, fun, "getting all the girls" guys were as usual keeping the place pumped up, pouring alot of drinks, and having fun with the crowd.

No comments:

Post a Comment