Friday, March 20, 2009

3-19-09 thurs, PORKYS

I had a great time last night. The place was packed with a younger after work crowd, and then around 10 we packed up even more. Peter the manager there is awesome at his job and did me a huge favor by getting a cup of coffee for me so i could stay awake.
QUESTION: what is beer pong? why are people throwing ping pong balls into half-full cups of beer then take a sip of their beer? I dont get it? Cant they just drink their own beer?
And can someone please tell the cashier there that that's her job? She keeps on telling me to lower the music. Last week i just shut it off for a few seconds, she didnt get the hint. Why do people think they can tell anybody anything? I dont tell her how to give change out! Oh yea, she does coat check too. I also found out that she was recently re-hired, turns out they fired her because of her bad attitude, i guess she didnt change.
I had a good time tho - but i had a headache most of the night, the coffee pumped me up and i woke up and the headache went away, and then the requests came in.
The requests were all opposite of what i was playing, thats annoying, and if their request isnt the next song, they come back. and most of these requests were songs that i wouldnt play at that time, or evn for the overall crowd, but if you dont. you get an earfull, if u do you get a crappy dancefloor, but i guess thats the job.

2 comments:

  1. Vinnie,

    Beer pong along with flip cup are huge college drinking games. I'm actually pretty good at flip cup, my gf is better at beer pong, but that's only because she plays it more than i do. Anyway, I hear you on the bartender girl, she needs to worry about checking coats and making drinks and let's not forget about making sure she is giving back the right change, lol. I'll see what i can do about going to one of your bars this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't tell her how to give out change..lool

    ReplyDelete