Monday, March 9, 2009

2-21-09 Friday, Overlook

Overlook tonite. Very crowded as usual. Cool crowd and all they want is good music, they dont really care about mixing, they just care about the mix, which is sometimes more difficult. So there's a new dj there for thursday nights, and he introduced himself to me on facebook and asked to meet with me this friday night to check out the equipment and how I hook into it and stuff.
Funny story...so I'm at work that day and I get a text that reads something like "hi connie, its corey let me know what time to come by tonite........" obviously thats a guy making a date with a chick. Now, I'm at work and my boys there are laughing at thetext and tell me to text back a time and to bring wine and whatever. I really didnt want to screw up this guy's chances with this connie, so I text back a message telling corey that he had the wrong number, that it wasn't connie and that I was tempted to mess with him but I didnt.
So my boys at work are still laughing at the whole story, and then a few minutes I get a text back from corey, that he was looking for ME not connie, and then my boys at work are really freaking out laughing at the whole mess, cant believe that the text was really for me and Corey is the new thurs nite dj at overlook and he wanted to know what time to come by to meet ME! That really was funny.
Turns out that he has an iphone and the autocorrect put connie in when he misspelled vinnie, so now I tell my wife the whole story, she gets a kick out of it, and tells me that when she misspells vinnie on her iphone (i have one too) it puts in connie. I dont know why, but I find it funny and im still laughing as I type this in. BTW - Corey is super cool a great dj, and we quickly hit-it-off.
Thats it ! DJ CONNIE OUT!

No comments:

Post a Comment