Monday, March 9, 2009

2-5-09 Friday, Overlook

On Fridays I play at Overlook on 44th by 2nd. This place is to me a "Dive" but some dive's are designed that way and are very cool, this is one of them. If you like sports, they have about 30 flat screens there and they can put any channel on any monitor, they even have smaller screens at each booth - they serve all the best bar food....cool spot. I took this gig because they have a different crowd there then I'm used to and I want to stay versatile as a dj because it's really easy to play one style of music and forget about everything else.
Tonite while I was playing, a girl had a request for the band MGMT, I know who they are, they're not really clubbish music and don't have any of their stuff so this girl said she would write down a few names of songs by them that I "need." She then went to the bathroom and when she came back she was going to write down these song titles, but she seemed a little weird. I jokingly said something about the open bar we had there that nite and if she had a little too much to drink. She said "No it's just a girl in the bathroom." At that point I'm already laughing to myself because this girl seems a little off. So then she is writing down a song name, and says "Sorry, this is all I can do, I want to fuck a girl!" And ran away. That was around 2am.

No comments:

Post a Comment